Mock PM Interview with Product Experts
Get detailed Feedback on what to improve.
We’ll now understand how to approach Case Questions. Case questions include Problem Solving and Market Sizing questions.
The case interviews are questions where you have to perform a thorough analysis by asking right questions to isolate the precise problem, diagnose the causes and then provide a probable solution.
Let’s look at few question forms that interviewers generally ask.
Declining Profit – Sample Questions
- You work for an e-commerce shoe company. The profits of the company have fallen this year. What could have happened?
- You are a founder of SaaS-based Logistics solution. You see that the profits have been falling for 3 quarters. How would you find the cause? What metrics would you track?
Declining Revenue – Sample Questions
- You are a Product Manager for a news publishing company. You notice that Advertising revenue coming from the website has fallen. What could have gone wrong?
- You are a category manager of fashion for an e-commerce company. You notice that the sales have been falling. What would you do?
- You own a SaaS company. You notice that subscription for a premium product has fallen but that of a standard product has increased. What might have happened?
- You notice that revenue coming from a Google Adwords for a particular keyword has fallen in a region. Google asked you to figure out and tackle this. What would you do?
Decline in new customers / new visitors – Sample Question
- You are a Product Manager for a salon booking company. You notice that number of new customers this month has fallen. What could be the cause? What would you do?
- You own an affiliate website. You notice that number of new visitors coming from your site has dropped down. How would you tackle this?
Decline in traffic
- You manage a publishing site and see that traffic has reduced by 10% this month? What could be the cause? What would you do?
Approach for answering Case Interview Question
Framework for solving Declining Profit / Declining Revenue
Framework for solving Declining Traffic / Declining Customers