Product Manager Interview Questions With Answers
How would you design a Measuring Flask?
Recommended Read – http://prodmonk.com/product-manager-interview-question-prep/chp-3-product-management-interview-questions-product-questions/ – ‘Design a Product’ Section.
- Step 1 – Identify the user. You should ask appropriate questions to the user that for what user you need to design the product. Is it House-wives, Bachelors, or experienced Cook. Ask questions that for what do we need to design the flask – only liquids or solid/powder state food (e.g. spices/sugar/salt)? Assuming, we are designing flask for measuring liquid (e.g. Oil/water/milk).
- Step 2 – Understand the current flow – How these users measure anything now. Is it based on hunch or a flask. What are the pain-points in each phase of current flow. The current flow is Pour / Measure / Clean. Pain-points are – – It is difficult to measure liquid as while pouring liquid (say oil) from a container to flask, it may fall.
– The user has to lift the container/utensil to pour liquid into flask.
– The person has to clean flask easily
– The flask might break while using
– The markings might wear off
- Step 3 – Based on identified pain-points give recommendations. Example, we could develop a flask which would a funnel attached as in-built design. The material that can be used would be non-breakable glass (the ones used in glasses) so that user would have visibility as well as it would not break. The markings can be etched so that it doesn’t wear off. Similarly, you could think of other recommendations as well.